We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson & Rapid Production Tooling, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on us for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson & Rapid Production Tooling when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
JOB TITLE: Lead Moldmaker
JOB TYPE: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY/ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT:
Lead Moldmakers perform a role that consists of a wide variety of tasks that are vital to the moldmaking process. It requires highly skilled hands-on machining capability and excellent planning/communication skills to ensure that the many components come together at the right time in the right condition to complete the mold on time. An extensive overall knowledge of plastic injection molds is required to thoroughly understand mold functionality and the varying levels of importance of dimensional accuracies, fits, and finishes.
· Fabrication, quality, and on time delivery of assigned tooling. Coordinates jobs with NC and EDM. Works with mold designer at the beginning of all programs to determine the overall game plan and methodology of the tool build as needed.
· All new tooling is produced on time and efficiently while maintaining high quality standards. Thorough expertise in all the skills, techniques and technologies is required.
· The responsibility for coordinating new tooling with other departments (i.e., CNC, design and EDM).
· All molds are reviewed with the Engineering Manager and Tooling Manager upon their completion to discuss how the job went, what worked well, and what could be done differently the next time.
· The Tooling Manager/Supervisor are informed of all changes in approach, problems, or mistakes in a timely manner.
· Develop and maintain an attitude which promotes teamwork on the job.
· Devote enough time to learning CAD software so that it can be used to its potential. Planning work with Tooling Manager.
· Working with specialty departments to get their input and help on the job.
· Ensure all deliveries are met.
· Work unsupervised or in team setting.
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 Years as Lead Moldmaker (Preferred)
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Qualified individuals do not need all skills listed to be considered, a strong desire to learn any skills that are lacking will be taken into consideration.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to operate a wide variety of hand and power tools
· Must be organized and detail oriented
· Must be able to meet deadlines
· Ability to operate forklift when trained and certified
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
This position is constantly protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.