We pride ourselves on our employees and meticulous facilities. When you work at RL Hudson & Rapid Production Tooling, you’re a part of something great. We are a rapidly growing, family owned company that specializes in solving problems and increasing value for our customers. Many of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing companies rely on us for a wide range of components, including molded rubber, molded plastic, formed hoses, sealing devices and custom assemblies. These large OEMs turn to RL Hudson & Rapid Production Tooling when they need innovative design solutions, excellent service, reliable quality and delivery at a great value. We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Job Type: Full time
The Plastic injection mold process development engineer is primarily responsible to provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing group. Additionally, improve existing processes, develop new and cost-effective manufacturing concepts as well as train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation. Process Engineers are assigned to support a specific area such as molding, extrusion or assembly.
1. Improve existing processes, develop new and cost-effective manufacturing concepts, lead scrap reduction teams through lean methodologies, and actively participate in value improvement projects.
2. Provide technical assistance, process development and engineering support to the manufacturing floor to include extruding, molding, assembly, and packaging areas to ensure timely delivery of product while meeting customer expectations on cost and quality.
3. Train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
4. Support flawless launch activities through active participation in FMEA, PFD, part and tool design reviews, Kaisen and other cross-functional team events.
5. Work closely with program management during validation and development of certified processes using scientific molding.
6. Writing and maintaining work instructions and training documents for the process team.
7. A minimum of 5 years hands on experience with processing plastic injection molding machines. 3 years working with Medical IQ/OQ/PQ validation protocols for new product, equipment, tooling, and processes. Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling, and processes.
8. Experience in an ISO work environment, preferably ISO 13485.
9. Manage production planning, capacity planning, and record production activities in our ERP system.
10. Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts and departments.